CAUSE EFFECTIVE FELLOWS PROGRAM: ADVANCING LEADERS OF COLOR IN FUNDRAISING
As a follow-on to the Money Power and Race Report, the team at Cause Effective wanted to do more to encourage systemic change to support the entry, retention, promotion, satisfaction and success of professionals of color in fundraising. Cause Effective Fellows Program: Advancing Leaders of Color in Fundraising is the result.
The Cause Effective Fellows Program: Advancing Leaders of Color in Fundraising brings together mid-career development professionals of color for a transformative experience that strengthens participants’ position in the field. Combining skills building, peer roundtables, unique opportunities to connect with nonprofit leaders and customized coaching and mentoring support, the Cause Effective Fellows Program is designed to support retention and build a pipeline of opportunity and growth for Development Directors of color.
The program, now in its second year, aims to:
- Develop a pipeline of development professionals of color and build an ongoing support network to share resources and information for long-term success in the field
- Provide a pathway for Development Directors of color who are interested in expanding their leadership roles within the nonprofit sector
- Elevate development as a strategic management function in participants’ organizations through these development professionals’ ascendance into their nonprofit’s senior leadership team
- Train Development Directors on the skills necessary to navigate DEI issues such as implicit bias or micro-aggressions, as well as provide tools to support change in their environments around these conditions
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE 2021 PROGRAM IS DECEMBER 4TH
In its first year, the program supported 15 mid-career development professionals of color over six months. Participant outcomes include:
- Greater ability to navigate the power dynamics inherent in fundraising
- More confidence in addressing micro and other aggressions
- More success in mobilizing the board and other ambassadors as solicitors
To join the conversation, contact Cause Effective at email@example.com